IT innovation cited in 3 of 5 CIO Priorities for 2013 (per CyrusOne)

Of the five priorities outlined in this datacenter-specific brief, CyrusOne_Five CIO Priorities for 2013, three include innovation as a key challenge…

Increasing numbers of new IT applications and hardware types. To say CIOs are falling behind relative to technology implementations would be an understatement in today’s era of rapid technological advancements.

When asked what they’re most worried about, CIOs top answer was speed: 57% of the IT leaders who responded to the recent InformationWeek Global CIO Survey cite “can’t implement fast enough” as a top concern. Keeping up with the ongoing innovation in the datacenter has become nearly impossible for the CIO, who simply cannot innovate fast enough.

Business innovation requires IT resources. Liberating the resources necessary for innovation is a critical necessity for CIOs. However, they are often mired in the day-to-day challenges of running an IT department. Most firms find up to 80 percent of their IT budgets must go to running and maintaining technology they already have – leaving as little as 20 percent for innovation…

Enhancing existing IT plans is not a long-term, or even a short-term, solution. “Businesses need

fresh thinking about the architecture of tomorrow,”

writes Bob Evans of Oracle in Forbes’ The Top 10 Strategic CIO Issues For 2013, “because merely rehabbing or adding on to the existing plan will simply not meet the wildly different and moredemanding requirements of tomorrow.”

 

Focused on TBM, Technology Business Management ("run IT like a business"). - 30+ years of experience, in providing IT strategy, process, application, RAMP, hardware, software, network, internet and cloud solutions to financial services, MRD and high technology companies from startup to F500. - 20+ published articles on the intersection of business and technology. - Startup advisor and mentor to a dozen startups, four of which were acquired and one of which is newly-launched (ITconnecter, a Crosswaves Ventures LLC company). - Specialties: IT Technology Business Management (TBM, aka "run IT like a business"), strategic partnerships, technology innovation, solutioning and program/project management (onshore, nearshore, offshore). Technology consulting focused on innovation, built around process, data and integration (cloud, social networking). We use I/TBM financial management best practices to help mid-size and large enterprises ensure they are meeting the needs of their business effectively and efficiently.

Posted in BYOD, CIO, cloud, disruptive, elasticity, hybrid cloud, industry, inspiration, ITconnecter, IVIS, leadership, private cloud Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Looking forward to your perspectives....

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

ITconnecter Partner Ecosystem

As the founder of ITconnecter, Gates’ portfolio of partner solutions provide solutions in the emerging technology areas of WaaS (workspace-as-a-service, BYOD), social media and data. ITconnecter partners by area include:
Clef two-factor authentication
%d bloggers like this: