IVIS-25, #innovate in IT through open networking and “paying it forward”Next Step -Take the time to let your peers know about they will, or could, benefit from (basic example – forward job openings, as shown below (open as of the day of this post)…
1. CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER opening
The Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA), Boston’s Planning & Economic Development Agency, is seeking candidates for the key position of Chief Information Officer. Reporting to the Director the successful candidate will “hit the ground running” and effectively oversee operations and support the technical processes for the betterment of the entire organization through system upgrades and operating solutions designed to help “drive” the future of the organization.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic candidate who can efficiently assume oversight of operations and support technical applications for the betterment of the entire entity.
As the Chief Information Officer, one can look forward to forging substantial and meaningful partnerships throughout the organization. There is a strong need for a Chief Information Officer who sincerely enjoys interacting with “customers” to provide ways that optimize solutions devised to satisfy their needs. We will value your ability to provide leadership, team management, and stewardship skills for all of the organization’s IT-enabled business systems, solutions and processes. This is a perfect role for candidates who always keep an eye out for ways that internal processes can evolve in an improved fashion.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: Work requires completion of a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field or equivalent, plus ten or more years of progressively responsible related experience in information technology. Requires extensive skills and knowledge of computerized systems and their management, including PCs, LANs, WANs, server and workstation virtualization, and telecommunications; requires extensive knowledge of website management and development. Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and workforce development systems is preferred; experience with large-scale databases is strongly preferred, as is experience in the public sector.
Strong management experience is required. City of Boston residency is required on the date of hire.
2.VP – CTO @ Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Baltimore, MD
The VP-Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the company. The VP-CTO works with Executive Management to grow the company through the use of technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, the VP-CTO will direct all employees in IT to attain the company’s strategic goals established in the company’s strategic plan.
Desired Skills & Experience
Establish the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Directs the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Acts as a good steward of ABC Companies resources and ensures control of IT departmental budgets.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Previous Retail experience is preferred.