Given the fairly consistent flow of “bad news” in terms of non-paying internships and lack of jobs for college grads, here is a more positive spin on things.
Kudos to Verizon for this kind of opportunity for college students!!!
Key Locations: Bedminster/Basking Ridge, NJ; Colorado Springs, CO; Temple Terrace, FL; Alpharetta, GA; Orangeburg/White Plains, NY; Irving, TX; Ashburn, VA; Other Verizon Locations
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like healthcare, energy, public safety, and education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we’re creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
A Verizon Information Technology role is a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. It will be an experience that puts you front and center, allowing you to be hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You’ll have the opportunity to create and work with new technology that will revolutionize communications.
Our Information Technology (IT) roles offer you the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work/projects. You’ll work alongside the best technical minds in the industry and have a unique opportunity to use your business and technical knowledge and skills in an environment dedicated to maintaining industry superiority. You will be introduced to cutting edge tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally. Verizon is continually recognized for its best in class technical training programs that prepare IT team members to engage on the latest technologies. Your work will influence exciting and challenging projects such as 4G LTE, Machine to Machine communications, Cloud Computing, handset application development, eCommerce, self-service and FIOS.
Internship Opportunities Are Available In The Following Areas
- Software Development
- SQL, OLAP, SOAP, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- IT Project Management
- Cloud/Data Center Planning and Operations
- UNIX, Intel, Mainframe
- TCP/IP, Network design
- Quality Assurance Testing
- Information Security
- End User and Technical Support
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s program in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering, MIS or equivalent major
- Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- 3.0 GPA or greater preferred
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies, standards and coding best practices. Java/J2EE, XML, and operational procedures.
- Strong analytical skills and solid communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
- Previous related internship/work experience preferred
Candidates are encouraged to apply by going to www.verizon.com/campus. Candidates must create an application and apply in order to be considered. Start dates for these internship opportunities are typically in the spring/summer.
Our recruiters will review your application for available opportunities at Verizon. If a possible match is identified, a recruiter will contact you to further discuss your skills and professional interests.