Senior Manager Information Technology – CRM Thought Leader
With more than 6,000 employees, Biogen Idec is a truly global organization â generating revenue of more than $5.5 billion worldwide in 2012. In addition to our corporate headquarters in Weston, MA, and our research operations in Cambridge, MA, we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Hillerod, Denmark and offices in Canada, Australia, Japan and throughout Europe. We also have a direct commercial presence in 30 countries, including the US, EU, Brazil and India, and a network of distribution partners in more than 50 additional countries.
Job Description – Sr Mgr IT and CRM Thought Leader
Biogen Idec has one of the most exciting pipelines in the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry. Over the next five years, the company plans to roughly double in size ($5-10B). Along with this growth comes massive complexity.
Biogen Idec currently supports both a Siebel and Oracle CRM On-Demand SFA platform. Co-existing with these platforms are numerous custom developed and 3rd party integrated desktop and mobile applications. The company has grown extraordinarily fast, and while we have implemented ad hoc components of a CRM platform, we now need to implement the correct architecture and business processes to take full advantage of it.
We are looking for a CRM visionary that sees the benefit of getting to one global toolset where data is integrated, aggregated and available to all user type from the field and HQ to make better decisions and provide superior service.
As a leader in our Commercial IT function and as a strategic business partner to our senior global business leads, this Thought Leaderâ will be the authority on visioning and delivering a globally coordinated strategy needed to support an ever more sophisticated global operation.
- Partner with key business users in the US, EU+, and Emerging Markets sales, Commercial Effectiveness, Medial Affairs, Market Access, Patient Services, and Marketing organizations to understand their challenges and figure out how to address them using industry-proven methods enabled by a coordinated CRM eco-system
- Design and implement a CRM strategy â leveraging the Salesforce.com and Veeva suite, as well as Best-of-Breed tools to fill gaps in the Salesforce.com and Veeva footprint. — by adopting industry trends and leading practices and putting together a roadmap on how to reach the strategic goal.
- Infuse the company with CRM practices that allow us to rethinkâ fundamental ways of executing work, e.g. sales force automation, account planning, patient case management, non-promotional interactions, intelligence and analytics, customer marketing
- Construct, articulate and enroll senior Commercial leadership in a strategic vision and ensure change management is woven into any and all change initiatives.
- Co-Design an operating model with our Shared Services Solution Delivery team for a robust Support Model ensuring sustainable training and support of all aspects of the CRM footprint.
Job Category IT
Requisition Number 21076BR
- Deep knowledge and expertise of the HCP interaction processes of selling, servicing, educating, learning and adapting, and influencing, and most importantly, how they are enabled by a CRM tool (what works, what
- Be able to articulate how content and insights provide competitive advantage over the tool and
- Previous leadership role in transforming companies from an un-coordinated CRM eco-system to one that deploys CRM processes and systems that fully arm customer-facing personnel with everything they need to maximize impact — understanding all opportunities, challenges and changes that go along with
- Previous leadership role in the turn-around/rescue of previously failed CRM implementations with an awareness of why CRM projects fail and how to ensure success with People, Process, and
- A strong and vibrant external network of
- Experience with the Force.com and Veeva platforms.At Biogen Idec we focus not only on results but also on how we achieve our success. As part of our
Culture of Excellence we stress the value of collaboration as we strive to Care Deeply, Work Fearlessly,
and Change Lives.
The Successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A dynamic, yet humble leader who doesn’t mind being in an individual contributor role with enormous influence over the direction of a fast-growing company. Someone who is confident can clearly communicate and take a stand for things that matter will do well in our
- Someone who understands and is open to working with outsourced/offshore resources and feels comfortable influencing without direct control over shared services
- Someone who comes to work every day passionate about improving the way people work and the use of technology to make a real difference
Career Opportunities Advancement
While the role of a Thought Leader is designed to be an individual contributor role that relies on others to execute against his/her plan, this role is being reserved for a high potential candidate who has the potential to take on significant line responsibility in future assignments within either the IT or the Commercial organization. With a company that is growing at our pace, many future senior leadership opportunities will exist for top talent.
Education: A graduate degree, MBA or other post graduate degree is helpful but not necessary.