|Chief Information Officer|
|Massachusetts – Cambridge|
|Primary Purpose: The CIO plays a highly visible and strategic role at CDM Smith and will have a direct impact on the short and long term growth of the company. The CIO will provide strategic and tactical information systems (IS) direction that fits CDM Smith’s short and long term business objectives. Play a lead role in identifying and bringing to fruition economically sound business opportunities that will be value added to CDM Smith. In partnership with the business units, provide leadership in the assignment of technical resources for the design, development, test, and implementation of information technology solutions and services. Personally assure appropriateness of service value, customer service focus, and quality for all services. Take a mentoring lead in establishing a creative, high technology support team that provides both innovative and practical business solutions.
What skills do you need to be successful? Outstanding relationship building, customer service, collaboration, communication, organizational, and decision‐making skills. Ability to rapidly understand the functions and capabilities of new information systems trends and provide guidance on appropriate application to differentiate CDM Smith in the marketplace. Proven success in managing large scale projects. Strong problem solving skills.
|The CIO combines good managerial techniques with a strong information technology and business competence. Qualifications include the following:
– Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field. or MBA.
– 10 plus years managing a business technology team, with some experience with non-US technology operations.
– A strong business acumen and experience aligning technology with business needs in a proactive, strategic manner. Solid general business knowledge and experience.
– Provide a vision of technology that supports enterprise objectives and demonstrated experience with the implementation of large enterprise systems.
– Experience leading the creation of ITIL and cyber security programs.
– Experience overseeing the implementation of large enterprise systems including ERP functions of Human Capital Management, Enterprise Financial Management, Project Accounting, Project Control and Construction systems, Document and Knowledge management.
– Oracle ERP experience preferred.
– Ability to manage global business technology staff with oversees development centers.
– Demonstrated ability to ensuring appropriate infrastructure to support global operations. [I took this out because of our discussion that global experience is a nice to have, and will be a growth opportunity for strong CIOs who are not yet fully global]Must be innovative with a strategic and tactical orientation, strong planning skills and attention to detail.
– Previous success in change management by establishing relationships of trust and credibility with key players.
– Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; the ability to grasp and communicate the big picture while remaining conversant with details.
– Excellent negotiation skills with internal customers and external service providers.
– A current understanding of IT management disciplines and the technical tools in use and the ability to keep up with and assess new technology and provide leadership in applying it strategically to business.
– Must have proven large scale project management experience with the ability to influence direction of key initiatives and work with the IT and business teams to structure and staff efforts.
– This position requires occasional travel within the US and/or to international locations.