“We are seeking a person who combines that rare cross between an entrepreneurial, infectious spokesperson, and expert authority on Information Technology”
- Affinnova is one of the world’s fastest growing marketing technology companies, with a 500% growth rate over the past five years and more than 200 talented employees worldwide.
- We are fundamentally transforming the way brands innovate and market their products and services. Combining collaboration software, optimization algorithms and predictive analytics, our technology platform dramatically improves innovation and marketing success rates, helping companies increase the effectiveness of products, advertising and designs by more than 50%.
- Led by the strength of our technology platform, Affinnova has gained significant momentum across both large and mid-sized enterprises including such Global Fortune 500 companies as Procter & Gamble, Nestle, Pfizer and Bank of America.
- Thanks to our explosive global growth, we are adding new offices across the U.S., Europe and Asia. We are also expanding our technology across industries from consumer packaged goods and life sciences to financial services, retail/e-commerce and consumer electronics.
POSITION DESCRIPTIONThe Director, Information Technology Operations will provide the vision, strategic direction, and operational oversight for developing and implementing information technology initiatives that support the growth of Affinnova. As the recognized champion for information technology operations at Affinnova, the Director, IT will be responsible for all aspects of Information Technology including data center, corporate infrastructure, network, telecommunications, security and service desk
Specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain an infrastructure technology and operations roadmap that aligns with the broader business strategy; and that sustains a high rate of customer growth while achieving increased operational efficiency and scalability of investments.
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of top talent that is capable supporting the current and evolving needs of the organization
- Establish and maintain a corporate-wide global information risk management program to ensure information assets are adequately protected. Proactively work with business units to implement practices that meet defined policies and standards for information security. Design and implement technical controls, hardware and software to support and enforce defined security, legal, regulatory and audit requirements. Review customer MSAs and provide feedback to legal. Work with customers’ security teams to onboard them as Affinnova clients
- Manage the service desk team to support the global (across 7 countries) growth of Affinnova. Setup processes for internal customer desktop, mobile and application support. Setup appropriate processes and solutions for remote teams.
- Participate in technology planning, evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies to achieve the goals of Affinnova’s SaaS applications. Coordinate with engineering, analytics and advanced technology teams to implement appropriate infrastructure for the applications.
- Identify, evaluate and implement systems like document management, video conferencing etc. that fosters organizational collaboration and productivity.
- Setup monitoring, alerting and incident handling for all aspects of the Affinnova infrastructure including SaaS applications, corporate network and infrastructure and data center infrastructure and software
- Design and implement backup and disaster recovery systems and procedures in line with business objectives.
- Define and setup controls and processes for effective governance, risk management and compliance
- Setup effective processes for setting up and tracking budgets. Develop & drive cost reduction and demand management initiatives.
REPORTS TO – This position reports to the Vice President of Engineering who reports directly to the CEO.
Here are some of the specific abilities and skills the ideal candidate will have:
- Record of Success â Proven track record of impacting results throughout career by being the best at what you do and making unique contributions
- Super Smart â Highly versatile thinker who can assimilate knowledge and understanding across different industries, products, technologies, disciplines etc.
- Collaborative â Incredibly effective with people, e.g., knows how to understand and learn from people, motivates enthusiasm and can drive decision-making
- Innovative â Comes up with novel ideas and approaches to new opportunities that set us apart from the crowd and result in exceptional performance
- Pragmatic â Does not reinvent the wheel once something works and figures out how to scale processes and practices that drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Pride of Authorship â Intrinsically cares about the quality of their work
- Flexible and Resourceful â Thrives in a dynamic, growth business where new challenges are the order of the day and necessity is the mother of invention
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of IT industry experience with strong emphasis in technical operations, platform architecture, and service desk management.
- 3+ years of experience hosting SaaS applications. Experience setting up and scaling data center infrastructure and operations. Broad experience with networking, compute infrastructure, tiered and virtualized storage, virtualization, relational database and web application stack. Experience with Windows, Linux, VMware, EMC storage, Tomcat, MS SQL server
- 5+ years managing an IT service team. Proven ability to setup teams and processes that result in high performance and customer satisfaction while maximizing team efficiency and productivity.
- Experience supporting remote offices spread globally.
- 5+ years of direct experience building and maintaining corporate IT network infrastructure. Proven ability to setup systems like document management and collaboration, knowledge management, video and audio conferencing etc. that enable enterprise collaboration. Experience with Windows, Active Directory, and Exchange.
- Proven ability in security design and implementation â in particular enterprise level security solution design, implementation, and management experience for solutions such as IPS, DLP, Network Forensics, SIEM, cloud computing etc. Experience working with clients to onboard them from a security perspective.
- Experience designing, maintaining and optimizing redundant architecture environments, service tiering, disaster recovery, and enterprise scale deployment efforts.
- Experience setting up processes and systems in performance monitoring, capacity planning, configuration management and incident management.
- Strong project management skills and experience in creating and managing project plans, including budgeting and resource allocation
- Undergraduate degree in information systems or equivalent work experience