Today’s webinar re:the value proposition of business architecture from the Business Architecture Guild (http://www.businessarchitectureguild.org/) –
- Qualifying and quantifying value proposition approaches were discussed
- “Strategy formulation and execution are intrinsically linked.”
- Business silos are the cause of significant pain to any business architect, since these cause miscommunication, lack of cross-functional transparency, etc.
- Root cause analysis
- Better formulated biz strategies
- Holistic view of business (transparency), etc.
- The “Relevant” Executive
- One who feels the pain, owns many of the pain problems AND can reward a successful resolution
- Sphere of influence is the key, moreso than title of seniority
My personal reflection on the webinar is that anything new requires “selling,” and the best “salesperson” is one who listens, understands and can identify, qualify and quantify value propositions. Business Architecture requires no different an approach.